Seth is the Managing Partner and Head of the Financial Institutions and Capital Markets; and Energy & Infrastructure practice groups. He has over 22 years of professional experience in corporate finance transactions, debt and equity capital markets transactions, banking, insurance and securities regulatory matters, restructuring and insolvency matters and has worked on several blue-chip transactions. Seth’s clients include Ghana Amalgamated Trust Plc, African Export-Import Bank, Scancom plc, Citi Bank, Oasis Capital Ghana Limited, Securities and Exchange Commission, Ghana Stock Exchange, Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund, Newmont Ghana Limited, AngloGold Ashanti (GH) Ltd., Tullow Ghana Limited Vitol SA, Ministry of Finance, Aker Energy, Kosmos Energy Ghana HC.
Seth has an LLB from the University of Ghana, a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law and an MSc in Law and Accounting from the London School of Economics. He is a member of the Ghana Bar Association, Ghana Association of Restructuring and Insolvency Advisors and International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Professionals.
"Seth Asante is a highly regarded lawyer in the Ghanaian corporate market. He is sought after for his expertise in finance and represents financial institutions, including banks and investment funds. He also offers substantial experience in capital markets." - Chambers Global, 2022
"Seth Asante (Managing Partner). Knowledgeable in Corporate Law, as well as, Finance Markets and Capital Market regulations."- The Legal 500, 2022
"Very knowledgeable in his field of work." - IFLR 1000, 2022
"He is exceptional. Extremely knowledgeable, super-helpful and responsive, personable and a strong communicator." - IFLR 1000, 2022
Rankings and Awards
Market leader in Banking, Financial Services - IFLR 1000, 2022
Ranked in the Banking and Finance Spotlight Table - Chambers Global, 2022
Band 1- Corporate / Commercial - Chambers Global, 2022
Recommended in Banking and Finance - The Legal 500, 2022
Recommended in Capital Markets - The Legal 500, 2022
Recommended in Commercial, Corporate and M&A - The Legal 500, 2022
Recommended in Energy and Infrastructure - The Legal 500, 2022
- Ghana Counsel to LeapFrog in connection with an equity investment in Fidelity Bank Ghana Limited through certain existing shareholders.
- Ghana Counsel to Macquarie Bank Limited in relation USD 10,000,000 credit facility to Golden Star Resources Ltd.
- Ghana Counsel to Citibank N.A. in relation to a USD 500 million secured deposit transaction to the Bank of Ghana.
- Ghana Counsel to Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V in connection with a term loan facility of up to EUR 26,500,000 to Niche Cocoa Industry Limited, NicheConfectionery Limited, Niche Cocoa Sourcing Limited and Cocoa Tolling Services Limited.
- Advised Securities and Exchange Commission and GCB Securities in connection with a government bailout programme to settle clients of fund management companies whose licences were revoked by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Advised Daakye Trust Plc in connection with the establishment of a receivables backed bond issuance programme.
- Ghana Counsel to Lenders in connection with the USD 1.3 billion receivables-backed trade finance facility from the syndicate of lenders to Ghana Cocoa Board for the purchase of cocoa beans in Ghana for the 2020/2021 crop season and the refinancing of purchases already made for the main crop season.
- Ghana counsel to Future Global Resources Limited in connection with the USD 95 million acquisition of a 90% interest in the Bogoso/Prestea mine held by Golden Star Resources Limited.
- Acting as sub-consultant to PwC Ghana, transaction adviser to the Ministry of Energy and Energy Commission Ghana in providing legal services for the development of a natural gas distribution network in the Tema municipal area.
- Acting as sub-consultant to Deloitte in drafting Model PPP documents for the Ministry of Finance including draft Framework PPP Agreement.
- Acting as legal advisor in connection with the Ghana-Burkina Interconnectivity Railway Project.
- Providing general legal representation to Tullow Ghana Limited, Kosmos Energy, Aker Energy, AGM Petroleum.