Porcia is an Associate with the Corporate Commercial Practice Group of the Firm. Porcia has about 9 years’ experience in legal practice. She works on legal due diligence audits, advises on telecommunication and broadcasting licensing and regulatory issues, assists with drafting, reviewing and perfecting transaction documents, issues legal opinions on various subject matters, assists with registration of intellectual property rights and issues advice on infringements of intellectual property. She also advises on issues relating to e-commerce, payment systems, data protection, incorporation of companies and regulatory compliance.
Porcia has worked on several transactions, for both local and international clients such as Scancom PLC, Samsung Electrs West Africa (SEWA Lonicimited), Werksmans Attorneys, King & Spalding LLP and Webber Wentzel.
She holds a B.A and an LLB from the University of Ghana and a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law. She is a member of the Ghana Bar Association.
- Assisted with the transfer of existing debt to a shareholder of a telecommunications company and subsequent conversion of the debt to preference shares.
- Assisted a telecommunications company to secure five hundred and ten million (GHS 510,000,000) Ghana cedis syndicated facility by reviewing and assisting with negotiation of the facility and security documents and preparation of the requisite corporate approvals for the transaction.
- Prepared response to questionnaire regarding payment systems and e-commerce services for a mobile money service provider and assisted with due diligence on the mobile money service provider,
- Conducted due diligence on a telecommunications company.
- Assisted the Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund with debt and equity investment in a telecommunications company.
Porcia is a co-contributor to the 2016 and 2017, Ghana Chapter, Getting the Deal Through – Telecoms and Media published by Law Business Research Ltd. in the United Kingdom.