Golda is a Civil Litigation Partner of the Disputes practice group. Golda is an acknowledged expert in civil litigation and has over 13 years of legal experience. Golda has performed legal analysis and prepared advice and opinions on various areas of the law. She has also worked on major and complex litigation and alternative dispute resolution matters on behalf of both local and international clients.
Golda has represented many local and international clients. These include include NML capital and GMO Emerging Trust Fund, International Finance Corporation, AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Ecobank Ghana Limited, FBN Bank (UK) Ltd, Asanko Gold (Ghana) Ltd, Bank of Ghana, Vodafone Ghana Ltd, European Investment Bank, Stanbic Bank (Ghana) Ltd, the National Communications Authority and Varley & Gulliver Ltd.
Golda holds a BA and an LLB from University of Ghana and a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law and is a member of the Ghana Bar Association.
- Acted as part of the team of lawyers for hedge fund, NML Capital Ltd, in an action filed against the Republic of Argentina that led to the attachment of an Argentine war vessel, proceedings before the International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) and ultimately a settlement of over US$2.4 billion.
- Counsel for Fortiz Private Equity Fund Ltd in arbitration proceedings in a dispute arising under Share Purchase and Subscription Agreement between SSNIT, SIC (Life) Co. Ltd and Fortiz.
Counsel for AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited in compensation claims following a remining project by AngloGold.
Counsel for Vodafone Ghana Ltd in the Supreme Court in a landmark case where the Court departed from its previous decision and clarified the law on stay of proceedings.
- Lead Counsel in defending the National Communications Authority (NCA) in an appeal filed at the Electronic Communications Tribunal against the sanctions and penalties imposed by NCA against some industry players.
- Counsel for Crocodile Matchets Ghana Ltd in a labour dispute/defamation action instituted by its former managing director.
- Acted for a financial institution in shareholder and labour disputes.
- Theophilus Donkor v Attorney General: A new dance for a new President and appointees of a previous Government
- Contributed to the Lex Mundi Global anti-corruption compliance guide (2018/2020)
- Contributed to doing business in Ghana write-up for inclusion in publication by Japanese law firm Nishimura and Asahi