Gloria Cofie is a Partner in the Disputes practice group of the firm. She has over 14 years’ experience in legal practice. As the Head of the Regulatory Investigations & White-Collar Defence team of the firm, Gloria is responsible for all Regulatory and White-Collar defence matters, by managing, supervising, and performing the required analyses, and then handling trials before the courts. She also works on other contentious matters and has worked as counsel in several dispute matters in Ghana.
She has represented several clients including Vodafone Ghana Limited, Abosso Goldfields Limited, Murray & Roberts Ghana Ltd, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, SSNIT, Junction Shopping Mall Ltd, and Bennett Jones.
Gloria holds an LLB from University of Essex and a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law. She is a member of the Ghana Bar Association and the Honorable Society of Gray's Inn.
Rankings and Awards
Recommended in Dispute Resolution -The Legal 500, 2022
- Worked as part of the Ghana legal team of Balkan Energy in international arbitration and local litigation with the Government of Ghana
- Represented the Registrar General at the High Court to liquidate several defunct Fund Management Companies whose licences had been revoked by the Securities and Exchange Commission (Ghana)
- Part of the team that represented Vodafone Ghana Limited in a land dispute at the Court of Appeal and currently representing the company at the Supreme Court regarding the same dispute
- Represented Abosso Goldfields Limited in its appeals at the Supreme Court
- Represented SSNIT at the High Court, Court of Appeal and currently at the Supreme Court regarding a case filed by its former Director-General on an audit conducted by the institution.