Amtul is an Associate in our Energy & Infrastructure practice group. She advises clients on energy and natural resources transactions and infrastructure projects. Her experience includes advising clients on acquisitions in the mining, joint ventures, project development and drafting, reviewing and negotiating project/transaction documents.
Her clients include Kinross Gold Corporation, Newcore Gold, Wood plc, Reganosa Ghana Limited and Future Global Resources.
Amtul is a dual qualified lawyer in the State of New York and in Ghana, with a JD from Fordham University and a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law. She is a member of the Ghana Bar Association. She also holds a certificate in International Oil and Gas Law, Contracts, and Negotiations issued by the Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law (formerly Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation).
- Advised on the development and operation of a natural gas distribution network in the Tema Industrial Area.
- Advised on the proposed commercialisation of a natural gas interconnection facility.
- Advised a client on security arrangements in connection with a tolling agreement for the supply of crude oil to Tema Oil Refinery and a marketing agreement for the sale of the refined products.
- Advised Future Global Resources Limited with the acquisition of Golden Star’s Bogoso/ Prestea mine.
- Advised Qatar Petroleum in connection with its participation in Ghana’s first petroleum licensing bid round.
- Advised Reganosa Servicios SL on setting up in Ghana to provide operation and maintenance services in the natural gas sector.
- Drafted and negotiated a share purchase agreement for Hexagon Geosystems Limited in connection with its over EUR 875,000 acquisition of PDSA Company Limited.